Monday, June 20, 2011

A Nice weekend in Pennsylvania!

 Thumper had a good weekend in Pennsylvania. The BVASC (Brandywine ASC) shows were held on a private horse farm in Pennsylvania. I ran up to show Thumper for one show in the morning but knew I couldn't stay for all 4 (ASCA shows usually allow for day-of-show entries and frequently have 2 shows per day like my club, BRASC, does). Puppies at home, you know.  Anyway the competition was VERY strong with 5 point majors (I believe) in classes, all weekend long. Thumper has his ASCA  Ch. so he is entered in Best of Breed for ASCA shows.  Well, nice Specials entered too (Thumper-and any Champion showing in Best of Breed is called a  'Special'). We didn't win the morning show I showed him in, but there was such good quality there it wasn't terribly disappointing. Anyway Morgan Campbell, a Senior Junior Handler from Massachusetts offered to keep him and show him for me for the remainder of the weekend. I was home later in the day when she called to report he was Best Opposite Sex (to a gorgeous Red Tri girl I've always admired) in the afternoon show, under judge Kelsey Jones of MontRose. This would be his first win as a Special in his first full weekend as a Special.

The following morning she showed him in the first show and judge Andrea Torres awarded Thumper Best of Breed. The final show under Lori Acierto he did not win but once again, the dogs in the ring were so nice that we couldn't complain!    Thanks to Morgan for handling him and to Raechelle Embrey for bringing him home to me after while I tended to the puppies, and for doing the photos!
Well, here is one photo from Morgan. I always like to decorate a crate in this manner.
Morgan sent this to me. Weird to be the Absent Owner of the Special. :)
Best Opp under Kelsey Jones, Mont Rose. Thumper's first Big Boy Ribbon!

No comments:

Post a Comment