Satin bounced back well from her litter of puppies born around Christmas, and she is in season and we have decided to proceed with her next litter now for several reasons. The biggest ones? Summer puppies are much easier for us and for her, and as I said she bounced back so well that it makes sense to go with her natural inclination to breed now.
So the particulars are : Satin is ASCA Ch. Milwin Inkwell Black Satin CGC
The planned sire is AKC Ch. Sirius Copper Still of Harmony Hill
If all things go as planned puppies will be due at the end of June or beginning of July, and would be going to new homes at the end of August or beginning of September. All colors are possible in theory, but I am not sure whether Satin is red factored so for now I will simply say tri's and blue merles expected, reds and red merles possible.
If you have been in touch with me about puppies recently and I had nothing available, please get back in touch if this litter interests you.
As always, Debbie Mills and I reserve first picks on puppies and these decisions usually cannot be finalized until puppies are 7+ weeks old (they go out to new homes at 8 weeks). But as always I encourage interested companion homes to come meet my dogs and get to know Satin and, eventually, the puppies.
I do not expect any show prospects to be available but hope for some agility, obedience or rally homes. If this planned litter is anything like Satin's last litter the puppies should be sweet and apparently very biddable and bold. The litter will be raised at my home as always.